1. There is only one Golden Bone, we are privately owned and not a franchise. This hands on personal care allows our staff and owner to focus 100% on your pet while visiting with us! Golden Bone's owner, David, is always available and would love to talk with you about your pet's needs!
2. The Golden Bone was designed from the start to be a pet resort. Our building is not a converted old building or warehouse, therefore; our building is free of asbestos and all over toxins often found in older facilities.
When you tour The Golden Bone, look for the obvious differences in the building, with skylights, heated dog walks, no temporary
fencing or partitions and built in drains to make sure you pet is always warm and dry. We also have easy access from 5th Ave with a large parking lot and our
building has 24/7 video monitoring.
3. David, the owner of Golden Bone, lives directly across the street from the facility. He is the only local owner committed to being with your pets 24 hours a day, 7 days a week!
4. We are open M - F: 7am - 7pm, SAT: 9am - 5pm. SUN: 2pm - 4pm (June, July and August we are open SUNDAY from 2 PM - 5 PM).
Our dedicated staff has been very stable since 1988! A familiar face is a great comfort to our clients whom we take great pride
in knowing personally.
6. We pay a living wage to our employees. Our staffs' happiness ensures your pet's happiness. We provide all of our staff with paid vacation and premium health care benefits.
7. Our customer service cannot be beat! If you have a child in your car in the parking lot, call us and we will come to you! If your pet is on medication that needs to be refiled, we will automatically refil it while you are away!
8. We do not charge for your check out day. You don't have to worry about picking up your pet by midday, check out weekdays by 7pm, Saturday by 5pm, Sunday between 2pm and 4pm - your last day is on us!
9. We love cats!!!!! Our specialized cat facilities will make your feline feel right at home.
10. Community service is very important to us! In addition to providing Steel City Greyhounds with free boarding and office space, we also work with our three local animal shelters, and we are proud to support local Pittsburgh charities including Jubilee Soup Kitchen, UPMC Children's Hospital, WYEP, Washington Township Fire Department, and Shady Side Academy.